Pages

Thursday 19 April 2012

Grouchy Day

Today sees me not wanting to do any research online for our big day - I'm sick of browsing gown ideas, decorations, invitations PERIOD. I also don't want to correspond with vendors on quotation for an upcoming luncheon for my social club. What I would very much like to do is get my hands on my favourite tub of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream or Baskin Robbins Pralines 'n Cream. Oh the thing one takes for granted while back in the fine city.




Anyway I'm sorry for the dreaded silence. Had my parents visiting for 2 weeks and then it was Easter weekend, immediately getting back into swing of preparations for upcoming events. I've been having to rely on recommendations by friends and using virtual space for referrals of good vendors. Recommendations by friends have been good but many a times I find those from virtual space are off the mark. It would always of a person trying to sell you their services which are of total irrelevance - so annoying!!!

The searches on portals or search engines are at times inaccurate or not up to date - the business nature is not recorded accurately, business might have ceased to exist.

On a lighter note, yesterday I was invited for a complimentary spa treatment organised by my social club. It was a really pleasant experience at the spa and it checked all the boxes for me.
1. Cleanliness
2. Professionalism
3. Highly experienced therapists
4. Not pushy sales staff

I'd been suffering from back problems and they have gotten a little bit better with sleeping on a foam pillow but every so often the pain returns. The good thing is from now onwards, I no longer have to suffer for this amazing spa is 5 mins drive from home.

One of the perks about living in India is they have a lot of personalised services whereby vendors would gladly come to your house. Masseuse will, the tailor will, grocery man will, fresh seafood will be delivered etc. My newfound tailor is superb - he's so quick with his alterations, pleasant and comes to my home and lastly is so cheap! I recently had 7 pieces that needed some alterations and the bill came up to INR1,700 (S$41). This justifies me going for more shopping knowing that I can even purchase the last piece of item irregardless of it's size yippie!

3 more days of having the whole pad to myself. MC is still away on his business trip, better make full use of solitary time. Maybe I need some alcohol tonight, get rid of this weird state that I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment